I’m so honored to announce that my article “If Only: Rape, Regret, and Resolution” has been posted on the official blog for the Texas Association Against Sexual Assault. It will also be published in their semi-annual print newsletter this January. TAASA is an incredible organization and I am so proud to have my writing be a part of their site. The link to their blog is over to the right on this page under links, and you can also find it on the WfR Facebook page. Take care everyone!
December 7, 2010
“If Only” Hits TAASA!
Sarah is a writer and poet who speaks out about issues that make people uncomfortable. Sarah advocates for causes such a sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse, and mental illness, and often speaks openly about her own experiences. She is determined to abolish the stigma associated with these issues and believes that it starts with people telling their stories, so she started a blog called Writing for Recovery where people can do just that. She is the author of three volumes of poetry and is currently at work on her fourth. She is convinced that there's a novel somewhere in her, and occasionally picks at the chapters so far. View all posts by writingforrecovery
This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 at 3:34 pm and tagged with writing and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Domestic Violence Story Project
- National Recovery Month Stories
- Outcry: Sexual Assault Awareness/Child Abuse Prevention Month 2011 Poem Series
- Service Animals
- The Purple Ribbon Poem Series: A Dedication for Victims of Domestic Violence
- The Weight of Her Words: Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2011 Poem Series
- Voices: Mental Health Awareness Month 2011 Poem Series
- Writings on Recovery (and More)
Subjectsabortion abuse accountability addiction alcoholism anger anorexia awareness beauty bipolar Blog for Choice body image bulimia change child abuse children choice competition cutting death depression domestic violence eating disorders empowerment exercise faith family fear freedom fun grief growing up guilt happiness health higher power honor incest language loss love medication mental illness nursing poetry pregnancy PTSD rage rape recovery relationships respect schizophrenia self-care self-harm self-image self-love self-worth sexual abuse sexual violence shame statistics stigma stress substance abuse success suicide survivor survivors therapy trauma treatment victim voice writing
- Mental illness and service dogs nblo.gs/Z210J 3 years ago
- Ali Kvidt Photography: “running from myself” nblo.gs/OYI2C 3 years ago
- EXERCISE: Give the Shame Back to Those Who Hurt You nblo.gs/OpRWY 3 years ago
- 5 Myths about PTSD nblo.gs/NCXWz 4 years ago
- Privilege and Peace of Mind nblo.gs/NlciX 4 years ago
Beautiful Blogger Award